Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Ol' Duffer

Default Fall Rasberries?

Out mowing the lawn yesterday, I noticed one lonely raspberry
cane with a pair of tiny, anemic berries on the end of it.
Not impressive, but it made me wonder if, under the right
conditions and with selective breeding, could you get more
than one crop per year? Just a wild thought...
Old 11-11-2005, 02:34 PM

They are called everbearing.
Spring crop comes on the canes that grew the previous summer and bore
fruit in the fall. Then the new canes repeat the process with a fall
crop and one the following spring.
In the fall you remove all the very brown older canes.

Old 15-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Karl L. Wuensch

My raspberries bear from Spring through Fall. I am still eating freshly
picked raspberries.

Karl W., coastal NC