Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-12-2005, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Do these trees have a chance of survival

I was hoping for some feedback - the local Home Depot has live x-mas
trees in their lot, and they usually go on clearance about now.

I'm wondering if these are dead trees standing, though, because they
have them completely unprotected, just sitting out on the pavement.
Some are in pots, some are balled and burlap. We've had quite a few
nights in the teens here in Western PA. The trees look OK, but I have
to suspect the rootballs have frozen through and through.

They're mostly Frasier Firs, Blue Spruce, and White Pine.

Thanks for any advice,
Seth