GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   indoor herb garden problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/110289-indoor-herb-garden-problems.html)

[email protected] 03-01-2006 05:01 AM

indoor herb garden problems

Hello,

My house is full of plants and all of them had been doing quite well
until a couple weeks ago. I have Ivy, Ficus, Rosemary, Lavender,
Chives, peppermint, and sage.

Well all of my herbs have started wilting, drying up and dying. at
first i thought they weren't getting enough light so i moved them all
toward the windows, the i watered them more cause that didn't work and
by that time they were all dead...and its just the herbs...everything
else is thriving and i don't know why...any suggestions

jason

Anthony B 03-01-2006 07:37 PM

indoor herb garden problems

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

My house is full of plants and all of them had been doing quite well
until a couple weeks ago. I have Ivy, Ficus, Rosemary, Lavender,
Chives, peppermint, and sage.

Well all of my herbs have started wilting, drying up and dying. at
first i thought they weren't getting enough light so i moved them all
toward the windows, the i watered them more cause that didn't work and
by that time they were all dead...and its just the herbs...everything
else is thriving and i don't know why...any suggestions

jason

JAson, htere are several reasons why your herbs dried up... Most likely of
which would be incorrect watering pracites... Have you grown herbs indores
before?

Anthony B.

Persephone 05-01-2006 05:27 PM

On 2 Jan 2006 21:01:00 -0800, wrote:

Hello,

My house is full of plants and all of them had been doing quite well
until a couple weeks ago. I have Ivy, Ficus, Rosemary, Lavender,
Chives, peppermint, and sage.

Well all of my herbs have started wilting, drying up and dying. at
first i thought they weren't getting enough light so i moved them all
toward the windows, the i watered them more cause that didn't work and
by that time they were all dead...and its just the herbs...everything
else is thriving and i don't know why...any suggestions

jason

Did you start heating a lot "a couple [of] weeks ago"? Do you use
gas heat? Just a possibility to explore. Also: Did you look under
the leaves to see if they got infected with something? Hard to figure
why the herbs would get clobbered but not the other plants.

Persephone