Old 19-01-2006, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
junkyardcat

Default Another Camelia Question

I love the Camelia in my daughters yard and would like to have some of them
on my property. Any ideas where I could buy a few? Can I take a cutting of
hers and get it to grow or is that not worth the trouble? If I can, what
part would I cut and how would I make it grow?

Thanks for any help

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas..where there is STILL no rain in the
forecast

Old 20-01-2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross

Default Another Camellia Question

junkyardcat wrote:
I love the Camelia in my daughters yard and would like to have some of them
on my property. Any ideas where I could buy a few? Can I take a cutting of
hers and get it to grow or is that not worth the trouble? If I can, what
part would I cut and how would I make it grow?

Thanks for any help

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas..where there is STILL no rain in the
forecast

Camellias can be propagated by cuttings. However, since they are woody
shrubs and not herbaceous perennials, the success rate is low.

If your daughter knows the name of the camellia's variety, you can order
it from most nurseries. If she doesn't know the name, you will have to
visit various nurseries and public gardens where they are now blooming
to obtain the name.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
into your E-mail? Use PGP.
See my http://www.rossde.com/PGP/

[IMG] code is On

Camelia question whiteMemphis Australia 3 11-01-2005 10:56 AM
Camelia flowering - lack of! CM United Kingdom 6 06-04-2004 09:46 PM
Camelia flowering - lack of! CM United Kingdom 0 06-04-2004 09:39 PM
Camelia cuttings Shelley Australia 3 18-10-2003 01:02 PM
Camelia Red Australia 7 13-10-2003 11:23 PM