Old 23-01-2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
clevermonkey

Default Family Contest

My two uncles and I are having a gardening contest and they are saying
they can beat me just because they are older than me and have more
experience (I'm very young). Even though that may be true, I think I
can win because I have the help of the Internet on my side. They garden
with advice only from old books and magazines. I already have a bit of
a head start because I've started some seeds indoors already. Plus,
even with school, I have more time on my hands than they do, so I can
garden more often (besides, I have summer vacation whereas they still
have to work in the summer). Our competition is mostly for our
vegetable gardens, so any tips, tricks, and advice you can give me is
really appreciated.

Old 23-01-2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Clever Monkey, You are biting off a big chunk & we may be able to
help. What area do you live? What tools are available to you? Is there
a local office of the County Extension Service where you can take soil
samples to have analyzed, so you can determine what nutrients are
needed. The folk there will also be a big help on the local level. The
internet is great for getting information, but sometimes locals can
help better. Hang tight & don't give up!!

Tom J
X veggie Gardner

oups.com...

Old 24-01-2006, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
clevermonkey

I'm in zone 8a, in Western Washington.

Old 24-01-2006, 11:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Good for you.

Don't forget your umbrella, raincoat and rubber boots.
Its gonna be another wet one.

"clevermonkey" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in zone 8a, in Western Washington.