Old 27-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Bill Litchfield

Default OT Basketball Fans

During the long, dreary, dark winter days when I was cooped up in the house
unable to tend to my garden, I watched a lot of college and NBA basketball
on the idiot box. Would one of you knowledgeable basketball fans please tell
me what RPI stands for? Rebounds per inning?...

Regards,
Bill

Old 27-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Shadow

"Bill Litchfield" wrote in message
During the long, dreary, dark winter days when I was cooped up in the

house
unable to tend to my garden, I watched a lot of college and NBA basketball
on the idiot box. Would one of you knowledgeable basketball fans please

tell
me what RPI stands for? Rebounds per inning?...

Regards,
Bill

"Ratings Percentage Index"

This link explains it pretty well.

http://veneziano.tripod.com/rpi/

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 27-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Doug_In_CO

RPI stands for Ratings Percentage Index. It's a way of ranking a college
basketball team based on certain factors. e.g. Teams winning percentage,
opposing teams winning percentage, etc...

Here is a link that shows the calculation:

http://www.kenpom.com/rpi03.html

-Doug Zone 5
-Lyons, CO