Old 30-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default Gaillardia "Mandarin" aka orange blanketflower

Last year I successfully grew Gaillardia "Mandarin" in my perennial
garden. This year, in the vicinity of those plants and oh, pretty much
everywhere in a six-foot radius, I have some seedlings popping up that
look suspiciously like they might be that plant again. So, I have two
questions:

1. does anyone know where there is an online image of one of these
seedlings, so I can tell for sure if that's what it is?

2. if it IS that, am I totally screwed or will I be able to get rid of the
extras by picking them out? They seem to come out pretty easily but I'm
not sure if they are like dandelions with those hidden deep chunks of root
or not...

It's not that I mind if it's them, but some of these plants are in bad
places, like right in against the base of some shrubs, and in the lawn,
and yada yada

newly minted veterinarian-at-large
Old 31-03-2003, 03:56 PM
MLW

If you go to the Wildseeed Farms site and click on wildflower seeds then
blanketflower, there is a small picture of what the seedlings look like.
http://wildseedfarms.com

Mary

Old 04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
MLW wrote:

*If you go to the Wildseeed Farms site and click on wildflower seeds then
*blanketflower, there is a small picture of what the seedlings look like.
*http://wildseedfarms.com

Hey, thanks! That does look like what has pretty much taken over the
entire east end of my hill

I can live with that.

I'm just going to go after the really blatantly out-of-place ones (like
the ones in my lawn!) and try to remember to CUT BACK HARD after flowering
so they don't blow seeds all over again this year!

newly minted veterinarian-at-large
Old 04-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Zemedelec

For just a second I read,

"Gaillardia "Mandarin" ate orange blanketflower"!
zemedelec