GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Narrow Screening Hedge in Pacific Northwest (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/13896-narrow-screening-hedge-pacific-northwest.html)

Haubrey 05-04-2003 08:44 PM

Narrow Screening Hedge in Pacific Northwest

I'm looking for recommendations on screening plants.

I'm trying to find a fast-growing (at least one foot per year)
evergreen shrub that would work well as a screening hedge. Ideally,
I'd like the plant to be fairly narrow so that I don't need to do much
pruning. A mature height of 5 to 10 feet would be great. I life in the
Pacific Northwest, zone 7.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heidi

Corliss Bros Nursery 07-04-2003 04:08 AM

Narrow Screening Hedge in Pacific Northwest

Thuja occidentalis 'Smaragd' 3'W x 10'H
available at your local nursery.

ps- no such thing as a fast growing plant which stays small.

Haubrey 11-04-2003 01:20 AM

Narrow Screening Hedge in Pacific Northwest

Thanks.

-Heidi