Old 14-03-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay

Default Reconditioning a neglected lawn

My front lawn has a large (7'X10') area that I want to reseed. The area
is devoid of grass and has a carpet of tiny green clover-like weeds. So
far I have turned the surface over with a shovel so that only a rough
surface of soil is showing with the weeds turned under. How I am
wondering what to do next.

Can I leave the small weeds turned under or do I have to remove them?
After I leave the weeds or remove them, I read that I must mix in
fertilizer, level the ground, scatter lawn seed, compact with a lawn
roller, and then cover with mulching material.

The remainder of the lawn doesn't look too bad but has clumps of moss.
After removing the moss, should I fertilize and scatter lawn seed on the
whole lawn? I admit I let the lawn go with only occasional weeding and
watering, and am now paying the price. Thanks for any advice.
Old 15-03-2006, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
J Kolenovsky

You can start by spreading 3/4 inch of fresh compost (from a soil yard)
over the lawn.

JK

--
J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource