GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   diseased mulch? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14153-diseased-mulch.html)

readingedu 07-04-2003 11:32 PM

diseased mulch?

Hi Group, I'm not getting a response in alt.trees so I thought I'd ask
here......
Does anyone know if it's okay to use the ground stump remains of an elm that
had Dutch Elm disease? There are no other elms in the vicinity. Is it safe
for use in flower beds? TIA

Beecrofter 08-04-2003 02:44 PM

diseased mulch?

"readingedu" wrote in message y.com...
Hi Group, I'm not getting a response in alt.trees so I thought I'd ask
here......
Does anyone know if it's okay to use the ground stump remains of an elm that
had Dutch Elm disease? There are no other elms in the vicinity. Is it safe
for use in flower beds? TIA

Dutch Elm disease is specific to elms.
I wouldn't worry about using the chips for your flower beds.