Old 07-04-2003, 11:32 PM
readingedu

Default diseased mulch?

Hi Group, I'm not getting a response in alt.trees so I thought I'd ask
here......
Does anyone know if it's okay to use the ground stump remains of an elm that
had Dutch Elm disease? There are no other elms in the vicinity. Is it safe
for use in flower beds? TIA

Old 08-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Beecrofter

"readingedu" wrote in message y.com...
Hi Group, I'm not getting a response in alt.trees so I thought I'd ask
here......
Does anyone know if it's okay to use the ground stump remains of an elm that
had Dutch Elm disease? There are no other elms in the vicinity. Is it safe
for use in flower beds? TIA

Dutch Elm disease is specific to elms.
I wouldn't worry about using the chips for your flower beds.

[IMG] code is On

To compost/mulch or not to compost/mulch Malcolm United Kingdom 15 03-05-2009 09:19 AM
To Mulch or Not to Mulch Ron H Gardening 6 13-08-2006 09:06 PM
diseased leaf Tom Bell Orchids 1 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Diseased plant altered genetically? VoySager Gardening 8 13-02-2003 05:25 AM
Are my pansies diseased? Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 0 17-12-2002 03:02 PM