Old 03-04-2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Julia

Default Bizmark palm?

Can anyone help me about transplanting bizmark palm? I live in tropical
south east Queensland,Australia.. Also I have Chinese bamboo lucky plant how
do I care for it. Thks Jools

Old 05-04-2006, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
how

"Julia" wrote in message
Can anyone help me about transplanting bizmark palm? I live in tropical
south east Queensland,Australia

Hi, If the Bismarkia nobilis is in a pot avoid cutting any roots when
removing it. I've moved them from pots a few times and all have made it. If
it has been pot bound for a while odds of survival are less.
If it is in the ground already and you want to move it, things are much
more iffy. Roots that are cut will die back to the base limiting chances of
survival.
hth -_- how
no NEWS is good

Old 06-04-2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
gardenlen

g'day julia

lucky bamboo not bamboo at all common name "Dracaena sanderiana" just they
want to sell more dracaena so they jazz it up with a name that will attract
the yuppies, much the same as they did with the back in the 70's happy
plant/corn plant also dracaena family. so look for care of those plants
which is very easy and basic, both will grow in water or stoens filled with
water maybe for inside apply a marine liquid fert' at app' 25% the
recommended rate once a month, it will grow bigger and better in a pot
filled with pottinf mix and will grow in the garden, remember it is not
bamboo not even clesely related. as for the myth behind the plant well i for
one never found anyone who was any happier for owning a happy plant and so
far never found anyone who is any luckier owning the lucky bamboo. these
fads do make the nursery industry lots of money good bet for the main the
pot they are in is worth more than the plant.

now the bismarkia palm (i live in north brissy suburb) and see them often in
nurseries we drive past seek out a good tropical or plam nursery heaps
around brissy, and with the bismarkia fi you want it to retain good colour
then buy it with the best deepest colour it should look almost dry and
grey/blueish and like a paper plant if the colour is good.

len

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1/
snipped

Old 06-04-2006, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Just as a side note to anyone who has not ever seen a bismark palm in
person - they are beautiful, prehistoric looking things, with enormous
blue/gray fronds - they make me think of those dinosaurs with the ridges on
their backs. Here are a few picture links:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/97608/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/19787/
u...

Old 12-04-2006, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
gardenlen

g'day presley,

yeh that'd be a good way to describe the look as well.

hey notice like most threads i suppose we never hear back from the original
poster must be lack of 'net etique hey??? so guess we'll never know if even
any of the information was informative hey?

avagudweekend

len

snipped