Old 01-05-2006, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default Why Don't Kids Do Chores Anymore?

R. Steve Walz wrote:

fgoodwin wrote:

Sue wrote:

The recommendation is to not let children mow grass because of the danger of
cutting off limbs and/or accidents.

I began mowing lawns when I was about ten years old, and never had a
problem, even with equipment (early 60s vintage) that wasn't nearly as
safe as today's models.

I think parents today don't give kids enough credit -- if taught how to
use mowers & trimmers properly, there's no reason a boy 10, 11 or 12
couldn't handle them safely.

If we could it do it back then, why can't they do it now?

-------------------
They CAN, they just don't WANT to, and THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!

The people who ****ed with their children's lives by enslaving
them to that shit were WRONG and EVIL! Let those shits do their
OWN hobby instead of searching for slaves to do their hobby FOR
them, or else NOT HAVE SUCH A STUPID ****ING HOBBY!! NOBODY NEEDS
a damned manicured lawn, it's a waste of land and is useless!
Let others grow vegetables on that land if these piece of rich
shit can't think of anything to do with it! If they want a damned
grassy manicured park let them pay their taxes and support a huge
decent park system that we can ALL enjoy!
Steve

WAIT! I think I understand. YOU can't afford a lawn and want to hold
others hostage to pay for YOUR ability to enjoy a park that YOU did no
work in!

Basically, because others have a hobby that you can't have, you are envious.

You need to work on that self-hating envy.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)