GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maple Tree Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/143657-maple-tree-problem.html)

Aaron 07-05-2006 10:18 PM

Maple Tree Problem

I have a maple tree that I have been growing in my back yard for 3
years now. It is about 6 feet tall. About 1 in 3 leaves has a little
red thing popping up out of it. I am not sure what it is. My question
is what is it and if it is bad how do I fix it. Thanks

ricks555 08-05-2006 04:23 AM

Maple Tree Problem

These abnormal growths are leaf galls. While they may be aesthetically
unattractive, they seldom result in harm to the tree so control is not
warranted or necessary.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...re/DG1009.html

Plant Info 18-05-2006 02:07 AM

Maple Tree Problem

This is the time of the year we usually start seeing odd lumps or growths on
maple leaves, which are called galls. This is simply a cosmetic issue and
won't harm the leaves or tree. Enjoy this curiosity of nature! More info:
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/wihort/gardenfacts/XHT1064.pdf

Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin

oups.com...