Old 07-05-2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Aaron

Default Maple Tree Problem

I have a maple tree that I have been growing in my back yard for 3
years now. It is about 6 feet tall. About 1 in 3 leaves has a little
red thing popping up out of it. I am not sure what it is. My question
is what is it and if it is bad how do I fix it. Thanks

Old 08-05-2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
ricks555

These abnormal growths are leaf galls. While they may be aesthetically
unattractive, they seldom result in harm to the tree so control is not
warranted or necessary.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...re/DG1009.html

Old 18-05-2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Plant Info

This is the time of the year we usually start seeing odd lumps or growths on
maple leaves, which are called galls. This is simply a cosmetic issue and
won't harm the leaves or tree. Enjoy this curiosity of nature! More info:
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/wihort/gardenfacts/XHT1064.pdf

Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a maple tree that I have been growing in my back yard for 3
years now. It is about 6 feet tall. About 1 in 3 leaves has a little
red thing popping up out of it. I am not sure what it is. My question
is what is it and if it is bad how do I fix it. Thanks

[IMG] code is On

Problem with a maple tree - help! Matt1984 Gardening 5 13-05-2013 06:41 PM
Red Maple / Silver Maple What's the Difference? [email protected] Gardening 5 19-06-2005 10:28 AM
Maple Tree Problem Bonnie Gardening 3 11-08-2004 12:50 AM
Trident maple and juniper problem Mike Bonsai 1 21-04-2004 08:02 AM
[IBC] Trident Maple Leaf Problem on Gallery Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 5 07-06-2003 04:22 AM