Old 28-05-2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
dirk96

Default no-til

has anyone used no-till methods? What about white dutch clover
no-till? What results?

Old 28-05-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fragile Warrior

"dirk96" wrote in message
oups.com...
has anyone used no-till methods? What about white dutch clover
no-till? What results?

Artifact hunters will hate your guts.

Old 28-05-2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
greenfoot

dirk96 wrote:
has anyone used no-till methods? What about white dutch clover
no-till? What results?

There are some great benefits to no-till gardening. It will generally
require the use of compost and mulches. Here are a few articles:

No-Till Gardening by Jack Rowe:
http://www.floydcountyinview.com/notillgardening.html

Intro. to no-till gardening:
http://www.farm-garden.com/cornucopi...till_gardening

To Till or Not to Till:
http://www.mg.umn.edu/notill.html

Some links:
http://css.wsu.edu/links/no_till.htm
http://www.notill.org/links.htm

Old 29-05-2006, 11:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

"greenfoot" wrote in message
ups.com...

dirk96 wrote:
has anyone used no-till methods? What about white dutch clover
no-till? What results?

There are some great benefits to no-till gardening. It will generally
require the use of compost and mulches. Here are a few articles:

No-Till Gardening by Jack Rowe:
http://www.floydcountyinview.com/notillgardening.html

Intro. to no-till gardening:
http://www.farm-garden.com/cornucopi...till_gardening

Interesting how the first 2 web references you posted recommended using
mluches straight on to the soil rather than compost as it made the food more
available to the plants and that some nutrients got lost in composting.
Other stuff I have read recommends composting material as it makes the
organic matter more stable and more able to be used by plants. That may have
been a comment about animal poops mind rather than plant wastes.

This is the guy who inspired me to try no till
http://larryhaftl.com/ffo/index.html Masanobu Fukuoka.

rob