Old 11-04-2003, 08:08 PM
keb

Default cleaning fence without harming plants

I have some kind of green, slimy stuff growing on the wood fence in my
backyard. Any suggestions for removing the green stuff without killing
the plants in front of the fence? I'm sure the bleach would get rid of
the slime, but I don't think my shrubs would like that too much.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:56 AM

green stuff is probably algae (in a wet space?). there are algae removing products
for ponds that dont hurt other plants. Ingrid

(keb) wrote:

I have some kind of green, slimy stuff growing on the wood fence in my
backyard. Any suggestions for removing the green stuff without killing
the plants in front of the fence? I'm sure the bleach would get rid of
the slime, but I don't think my shrubs would like that too much.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 13-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Art M

"keb" wrote in message
m...
I have some kind of green, slimy stuff growing on the wood fence in my
backyard. Any suggestions for removing the green stuff without killing
the plants in front of the fence? I'm sure the bleach would get rid of
the slime, but I don't think my shrubs would like that too much.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

There's a product called Jomax that is mixed with bleach. It's supposed to
make the bleach more effective at concentrations that shouldn't harm your
plants.

--Art