GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   calla lily question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/146260-calla-lily-question.html)

mermeg 10-06-2006 01:35 AM

calla lily question

HI-
I am new to the group- and have an amazing garden at the house we
bought last year. We have several beds of calla lilies that are
thriving- 3 feet tall and beautiful- very lush. They seem to be doing
well- then one day they all just start "laying down on the ground".
Why does this happen? Anything I can do to prevent it? Last year I
simply cut them back as they went down- but they are already starting
this year- so I want to see if there is some other solution.
thanks,
mermeg

Nicole 12-06-2006 01:04 AM

calla lily question

the flowers started falling over? any possibility that animals are climbing
thru the area?
are you watering from overhead? the water pressure could be too much.
there is something being done to the flowers, just need to figure out what
ps.com...