Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
mermeg

Default calla lily question

HI-
I am new to the group- and have an amazing garden at the house we
bought last year. We have several beds of calla lilies that are
thriving- 3 feet tall and beautiful- very lush. They seem to be doing
well- then one day they all just start "laying down on the ground".
Why does this happen? Anything I can do to prevent it? Last year I
simply cut them back as they went down- but they are already starting
this year- so I want to see if there is some other solution.
thanks,
mermeg

Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nicole

the flowers started falling over? any possibility that animals are climbing
thru the area?
are you watering from overhead? the water pressure could be too much.
there is something being done to the flowers, just need to figure out what
"mermeg" wrote in message
ps.com...
HI-
I am new to the group- and have an amazing garden at the house we
bought last year. We have several beds of calla lilies that are
thriving- 3 feet tall and beautiful- very lush. They seem to be doing
well- then one day they all just start "laying down on the ground".
Why does this happen? Anything I can do to prevent it? Last year I
simply cut them back as they went down- but they are already starting
this year- so I want to see if there is some other solution.
thanks,
mermeg

[IMG] code is On

Calla Lily- Marutchi[_3_] Garden Photos 6 28-01-2008 01:35 AM
Calla lily revival Rose Bingham Gardening 1 20-10-2004 06:45 PM
Calla Lily Jackee Edible Gardening 11 19-04-2004 04:04 PM
Calla Lily question Todd J. Gardening 4 21-07-2003 07:06 PM
calla lily peter Texas 1 06-06-2003 06:08 PM