Old 10-06-2006, 03:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mama Bear

Default T8 Grow Lights?

I finally gave up trying to find balanced spectrum MH lights in the 150
watt range, with matching ballasts or systems. I guess no one makes them.

But what about T8's? I understand a 3-4 light T8 fixture can put out
12,000 lumens or so above your plants.

The problem I'm finding is that no one apparently makes grow light tubes
in T8, is that true? Lamps that have just the spectrum that plants need
the most?

--
- Mama Bear
Old 10-06-2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob

Mama Bear wrote:
I finally gave up trying to find balanced spectrum MH lights in the 150
watt range, with matching ballasts or systems. I guess no one makes them.

But what about T8's? I understand a 3-4 light T8 fixture can put out
12,000 lumens or so above your plants.

The problem I'm finding is that no one apparently makes grow light tubes
in T8, is that true? Lamps that have just the spectrum that plants need
the most?

T8 lamps are wide-spectrum already (and they maintain their brightness
well as they age.) Just get 3000k lamps -- has more red in it than
3500k or 4100k or 5000k. Plants love 'em.

Bob

Old 10-06-2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Hines

Mama Bear wrote:

The problem I'm finding is that no one apparently makes grow light tubes
in T8, is that true? Lamps that have just the spectrum that plants need
the most?

I can find T5 grow lights from the site I gave you before. 2 and 4 foot.
2 to 8 bulbs per fixture.

--
If I had something witty to say, this is where I'd say it.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Plant Info

Can I assume you're looking for indoor plant lighting? If so, you really
don't need to go to the expense of grow lights or full spectrum lights. A
University person here in Wisconsin advised me some years ago that using one
cool and one warm (blue & pink?) fluorescent tube per fixture works nearly
as well as any of the more expensive options.

Suzy O, zone 5, Wisconsin

Old 26-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered User

Having an indoor garden or getting into hydroponics can prove to be a great choice for your needs, but will not be the most effective hobby for everyone. You waste your life savings to invest in something, you may end up hate, try to choose to invest in expensive lighting T8 light bulb.

[IMG] code is On

grow lights Miles Long Gardening 5 15-10-2003 11:42 PM
florescent grow light lights bobby Plant Biology 2 09-10-2003 01:42 PM
high-density sodium lamps as grow lights? Jeffrey Barker Edible Gardening 6 29-04-2003 05:08 PM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 15-02-2003 01:54 PM