Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2006, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

Default Suprise Tenant

Looked up today and spotted a nest at the top of one of my larger semi-dwarf
apples. There was a 'robin size' black colored bird sitting in it, but I did
not approach closely to verify the species. I'm sure the nest is rather new,
say within the last two weeks, or so. Question is should I try moving the nest,
or just let it be? The tree is a Hudson Golden Gem with apples that should be
ready for picking in September. I will have to go in there at that time to pick
the apples. If I chase away the mother bird now, and move the nest to some
other high place like the top of my shed, will she find the nest again and not
desert it?

Sherwin D.