Old 15-07-2006, 09:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Bringing a lawn back from the dead

"Big Purple Nose" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long would it take if I just let the lawn company kill everything,
then reseeded? I don't mind waiting a bit, if that is likely, with
their help, to be successful. Don't advise me to lay the sod myself to
save money. I have a bad back and I'd wind up being laid up for days.
So I'll have to hire a landscaping company to do it. The lawn in back
is about 2,000 sf and the one in front about 1/4 of that. Should this
sort of thing be done now or in the fall or in the spring?

I'd be grateful for even a very rough idea of pricing, if possible. I'm
in southeastern Ontario

Dave

Dave. Only my opinion ok, given for what value you place on it. You have
actually been given 3 options.

reseed entire lawn
put down sod
refurbish what you have

first can be fun if you have some time and energy to do it yourself.
Otherwise probably cheaper than option 2.
second option is quickest and most direct to a perfect lawn. Also most
expensive and not a dyi in my book.
third option is most satusfying long term I reckon. Will take you several
years to get right most likely. Something you can do yourself.

depends on whether you can do this stuff yourself. If not, simply ask
yourself if you want the cheaper or more expensive option. Lots of good
advice given by others on all 3 options.

rob