GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID needed, please. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147731-id-needed-please.html)

Adelle 15-07-2006 09:22 PM

ID needed, please.

Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

told2b 16-07-2006 06:05 PM

ID needed, please.

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Adelle 16-07-2006 10:29 PM

ID needed, please.

"told2b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of
multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Hmmm. Possibly. It looks a little like the picture at Wikipedia for
Clustered Bellflower (Campanula glomerata), but its hard to tell. So far, a
Google search hasn't produced a picture I can positively identify as being
the same flower.

Thanks!

Adelle

Adelle 25-07-2006 04:15 PM

ID needed, please.

"told2b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of
multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Thank you for suggesting it was a form of campanula. It is indeed Clustered

told2b 25-07-2006 07:28 PM

ID needed, please.

Adelle wrote:

Thank you for suggesting it was a form of campanula. It is indeed Clustered
Bellflower (campanula glomerata).

Adelle

Glad you made a positive ID. Check out Paghat's site. She has pics and
info on 20 different campanulas, three of which are glomerata.

http://www.paghat.com/garden2.html