Old 15-07-2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Adelle

Default ID needed, please.

Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Old 16-07-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
told2b

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Old 16-07-2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Adelle

"told2b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of
multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Hmmm. Possibly. It looks a little like the picture at Wikipedia for
Clustered Bellflower (Campanula glomerata), but its hard to tell. So far, a
Google search hasn't produced a picture I can positively identify as being
the same flower.

Thanks!

Adelle

Old 25-07-2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

"told2b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Adelle wrote:
Hi!

Anyone know what these are? They were a hand-me-around from a former
acquaintance.

http://www.foxhatgames.com/~adelle/flowers.html

They are pictured a little past peak. The main flower consists of
multiples
of this small cone. These are secondary blooms along the stem.
Unfortunately, we had heavy rain when they were in full bloom.

--
Adelle
[please remove the obvious to respond]

Looks like Creeping Bellflower (Campanula rapunculoides)
or some other Campanula. They are usually invasive.
HTH

Thank you for suggesting it was a form of campanula. It is indeed Clustered

Old 25-07-2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Adelle wrote:

Thank you for suggesting it was a form of campanula. It is indeed Clustered
Bellflower (campanula glomerata).

Adelle

Glad you made a positive ID. Check out Paghat's site. She has pics and
info on 20 different campanulas, three of which are glomerata.

http://www.paghat.com/garden2.html