Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

Default Non Flowering Chrysanthemums

Hi,

I am looking for some help with my non flowering Chrysanthemums. Last year
we brought about 2 dozen 3" plants, from our local DIY store (homebase) and
planted then in windowsill trays. Come last summer, they grew to about 6"
and gave a full head of dark red flowers, and loked great. However, this
year we re-planted them into the garden boarders, in the hope of a similar
colourful display. But so far all they've done is grow & grow, to between
12-18" in hight, without any sign of buds, they are starting to take over,
and block out all the sun light from te other plants in the boarders.
Does anyone have any advice on what we've done wrong?

Many thanks

Ben