Old 14-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Purchgdss

Default ISO....... Viola Freckles and Rant about how "cute" wild strawberries are

*sigh* I hate when fashions in gardening change..... I cannot for the life of
me (in every nursery, mega-store, mom & pop, plant catalogue, etc.) find some
more of these plants. What I have is barely hanging on and needs a
"freshening".

On a related note, I had left wild strawberries as ground cover until my
freckles multiplied enough, but it seems that they have wiped them out. What
began as an "cute" ground cover has now immortalized itself on my hit list.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine
Old 14-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Zemedelec

Rant about how "cute" wild strawberries are...

but it seems that they have wiped them out. What
began as an "cute" ground cover has now immortalized itself on my hit list.

I've heard that European "fraises de bois,", the real WILD wild strawberries
which I've seen only once, have such a concentrated flavor that you'd have
wiped them oout yourself and maybe strarted some Fraise Eau de Vie.
zemedelec