Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default solar lights

I bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are reliable?

Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

I have 5 solar lights that I bought from Gardner's Supply. I've had them
for 2 years and they work fine. Stay lit all night long.

--
_________________
John Henry Wheeler

Old 08-08-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2006-08-07 06:58:26 -0400, "Tony Pacc" said:

I bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3 times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are reliable?

Try new batteries, they usually take AA Nicads. Available at Radio Shack.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2006-08-07 06:58:26 -0400, "Tony Pacc" said:

I bought 2 solar lights for flower bed from Walmart ,had to return 3
times
(same type) they last about 2 weeks then they quit lighting up,I know the
batteries are fully charged.Has anybody have solar lights that are
reliable?

Try new batteries, they usually take AA Nicads. Available at Radio Shack.

I agree. Although Tony may have tested the batteries with a battery
tester quite often you really aren't putting a real load on the
batteries and it is a good idea just to replace the batteries to see if
that fixes it. For troubleshooting you don't even need to use
rechargeable batteries.

I have 28 solar lights in my front, side, and back yard (and a couple
get swiped every summer). The thing that most often goes wrong with
them is the batteries. If the batteries really are charging properly it
could be the photo cell. You can use a photo cell from a night light to
replace a bad one. The other thing that cause them to stop working is a
bad solder joint. If you (or a friend) is handy with a soldering iron
you can easily fix those type of problems.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 23-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Registered User

In most cases, you will find a few screws in the light fixtures. Carefully remove. At this stage, you should be able to easily open the solar lights, take a look at what's inside.
Hydroponic Gardening Benefits

[IMG] code is On

Solar Garden Lights Mike United Kingdom 11 26-04-2004 06:06 PM
SOLAR GARDEN LIGHTS zebrin Gardening 5 16-09-2003 01:32 PM
Solar Powered Garden Lights. Any Good? AuralFeast Gardening 12 01-07-2003 04:08 PM
Can anyone help... solar powered rope lights...? Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide United Kingdom 0 27-05-2003 10:20 PM
Solar Landscape lights BB North Carolina 7 21-05-2003 01:08 PM