Old 14-08-2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grapefruit mold problem

My grapefruit tree has a bit of a problem; it appears to have an attack
of sooty mold
(http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/C...htm#sootymold). On
fairly close inspection, there don't appear to be any insects on the
tree that would excrete the honeydew the mold feeds on.

So, two questions;
If it IS sooty mold, what else might be causing it?
If it ISN'T sooty mold, then what on earth is it???

Old 14-08-2006, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

A friend of my son's gave me a dozen from her tree in St. Petersburg, FL.
They all looked scuzzy grey on the skin. It washed right off and didn't
affect the taste one bit.

--

Betsy
ups.com...