Old 14-08-2006, 04:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Looking for statues to complete 4 season set.

Hi, When I moved into my house I found a lovely statue that had been
left behind by the previous occupants. While at a car boot I found a
similiar statue and realised it was part of a set each representing a
season. I am desperate to find the other two (winter and Summer).

They are made of stone and are figurines sitting on a pillar with ivy
winding round it. Both havea poem etched at the bottom of the pillar at
the back with the name of th season. It looks like it is signed with a
p in a circle.

Spring - a young girl with mice and butterfies on the base of the
pillars. The poem is 'Find much joy in earthly place and in thy spirit
forever peace.'

Autumn - is a young boy half goat (could be a young pan the piper -
God). He is playing a pipe (flute). There is a squirrel and rabbit at
the base of the pillar. The poem is 'As the days grow short the faun
plays to rest, all fair creatures who face the winter test'.

If anyone has any information where they may be bought could they let
me know.

Thank you

Old 14-08-2006, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
wrote:

[...]

I'd search about EBAY.

Good Luck!

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 14-08-2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:

[...]

Thank you but I have been trying there too, ended up buying more
statues.

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 15-08-2006, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Wow sounds like you have a real find! Do they look like antiques?
Could be worth allot. Go to www.whatsitworthtoyou.com
an upload them a picture. For a small price they can give you
all the history of them. Somewhere around $20. I had some of
my Mother's antiques appraised with them. They were very helpful
and even told me if e-bay had similar items available.
Good luck
Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b

ups.com...