GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stinking plant....what is it? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149312-stinking-plant-what.html)

IGot2P 02-09-2006 09:02 PM

Stinking plant....what is it?

This plant is in one of our flower gardens and it stinks like a dead
animal. In fact, we looked all over for something dead before we
realized that it was the plant producing the odor. We Googled some for
it but never did come up with anything that looked like it so now it is
the group's turn. Just point your browser to
http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Any info would be appreciated.

Don

Benno Bös 02-09-2006 09:22 PM

Stinking plant....what is it?

IGot2P schrieb:

http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Garlic

--
************ das GIFTPFLANZEN.COMpendium ************
***** weit über 500 Pflanzenportraits *****

Phisherman[_1_] 02-09-2006 09:52 PM

Stinking plant....what is it?

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:02:20 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

This plant is in one of our flower gardens and it stinks like a dead
animal. In fact, we looked all over for something dead before we
realized that it was the plant producing the odor. We Googled some for
it but never did come up with anything that looked like it so now it is
the group's turn. Just point your browser to
http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Any info would be appreciated.

Don

Looks like something in the onion/garlic family.

Cheryl Isaak[_1_] 02-09-2006 10:18 PM

Stinking plant....what is it?

On 9/2/06 4:02 PM, in article , "IGot2P"
wrote:

This plant is in one of our flower gardens and it stinks like a dead
animal. In fact, we looked all over for something dead before we
realized that it was the plant producing the odor. We Googled some for
it but never did come up with anything that looked like it so now it is
the group's turn. Just point your browser to
http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Any info would be appreciated.

Don

Garlic chives - tasty addition to stir fries and spreads like wild fire

Cheryl

CHEX 03-09-2006 01:10 AM

Stinking plant....what is it?

Looks like garlic chive to me

sockiescat 04-09-2006 09:33 PM

CHEX Looks like garlic chive to me

yup sure does look like garlic chives they are sooooo good in soups and stews yum.
hope u get over the smell and try them lol. cyaaa, sockiescat:).

FragileWarrior 08-09-2006 11:13 PM

Stinking plant....what is it?

Benno Bös wrote in
:

IGot2P schrieb:

http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Garlic

I'm a little confused about it stinking like something dead. Garlic has a
pretty well-known odor. I've never heard of someone confusing it with a
dead animal before.

fran 18-09-2006 03:07 AM

Stinking plant....what is it?

Looks like a type of garlic called garlic dill.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:38:52 GMT, bizbee
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:22:02 +0200 in
, Benno Bös
graced the world with this thought:

IGot2P schrieb:

http://www.crsales.com/itstinks.htm and take a look.

Garlic

Doesn't look or flower like the garlic I grow...