Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cheap Fertilizer at discount store

"Keith Corwell" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies
another question does stuff like round up and bug spray
go bad

If you read the round up packs I think it states to use a product mixed from
concentrate after such and such a time. Read the labeling however. I use
mixed round up that is several weeks old as a spot spray occasionly, it
still does the job ok. If the concentrate is only a year to 2 old and stored
under normal conditions it will work ok.

rob

Old 08-09-2006, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Does Fertilizer and/or weed and feed go bad ?
I can buy some for almost half price at a clouse-out store.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Keith Corwell wrote:
Does Fertilizer and/or weed and feed go bad ?
I can buy some for almost half price at a clouse-out store.

It will not go bad but make sure you buy bags without any hole or tears
as moisture can cake it up.
Frank

Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Frank" wrote in message
ups.com...

Keith Corwell wrote:
Does Fertilizer and/or weed and feed go bad ?
I can buy some for almost half price at a clouse-out store.

It will not go bad but make sure you buy bags without any hole or tears
as moisture can cake it up.
Frank

Even if it cakes up, it doesn't go bad, break up the clumps and use as
directed.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 06:58:00 -0400, "Keith Corwell"
wrote:

Does Fertilizer and/or weed and feed go bad ?
I can buy some for almost half price at a clouse-out store.

No. If there are signs that it got wet, don't buy it. Keep in mind
that too many home owners use weed-and-feed when the lawn is better
off using a spot weed treatment.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Does Fertilizer and/or weed and feed go bad ?
I can buy some for almost half price at a clouse-out store.

No. If there are signs that it got wet, don't buy it. Keep in mind
that too many home owners use weed-and-feed when the lawn is better
off using a spot weed treatment.

Exactly.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060906/D8JVL5200.html