Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

Default What insect is this?

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

GOOD GODS! Get everyone out of the house NOW!

Seriously, I don't know. But, I'm reminded of a Far Side cartoon: A side
view mirror with the usual warning "Objects in mirror are larger than they
appear". The entire mirror is taken up by an enormous eye. :-)

Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

post it at;
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/index.html

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

GOOD GODS! Get everyone out of the house NOW!

Seriously, I don't know. But, I'm reminded of a Far Side cartoon: A side
view mirror with the usual warning "Objects in mirror are larger than they
appear". The entire mirror is taken up by an enormous eye. :-)

Google Family Coreidae. Leaf footed bugs. Can't determine species from
picture.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:21 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

By the way, they are common, and are harmless, although they do have
piercing/sucking mouthparts and someone told me they can inflict a bite if
handled improperly.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

Sure looks like an Eastern cone-nose beetle or assassin bug. Anyway,
these can end up hiding under/between mattresses and such, coming out
while you sleep to enjoy a meal of blood. After becoming sensitized to
their bites, anaphylactic shock is possible. Call an exterminator? Tom

Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Looks like a stinkbug to me, but there are thousands of beetles that
resemble that thing.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

In article .com,
says...
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

You might look up Western conifer seed bug, or pine seed bug and see if
that is what you have...mainly an occasional invader when you have a
conifer of some sort near by. There are a number of possible plant bugs
that can feed of different sources. Depending on what it is may
determine how or if even treatment is needed, which may be removing the
food source...not always a practical solution.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS
Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote in news:1159734872.766933.102100
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

What kind of insects are these?

I think it's the bug my ex had up her ass.

How do I get rid of them?

Pondered that one for years.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:32 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

wrote:
Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

Still kind of hard to tell without color. As someone said there are
many bugs just like that. For example the Box Elder Bug and Milkweed bug:

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.../boxelder.html

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.../milkweed.html
Old 02-10-2006, 04:19 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

On 1 Oct 2006 13:34:32 -0700, wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

First if my beloved Wifey saw it, it would be a DEAD BUG.

Now me, I would have checked it out, because it kinda looks like
species of Assassin Bug. We are suppose to have them here in Pa, but
haven't seen one in real life.

later,

tom @ www.MyFastCoolCars.com

Old 02-10-2006, 04:37 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

In article , Tom The Great wrote:
On 1 Oct 2006 13:34:32 -0700, wrote:

Dear Experts,

Lately, I've been noticing some insects in my home.
On the second floor for the most part.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/dsc_0304_2.jpg

They move slow around the room. Sometimes they fly.
But for the most part, they just walk around.
Rather slowly. Not like a swift housefly. I
can snag them with a tissue pretty easily.

What kind of insects are these?
How do I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot!

First if my beloved Wifey saw it, it would be a DEAD BUG.

Now me, I would have checked it out, because it kinda looks like
species of Assassin Bug. We are suppose to have them here in Pa, but
haven't seen one in real life.

I just took a look. I don't recognize it specifically, but it sure
looks like something from the order Hemiptera ("true bugs").

In my experience, home infestions of those tend to come from population
swings in the neighborhood going wild, maybe on a nearby tree. Those tend
to correct themselves within a year. I don't see these finding anything
to eat in your home so they'll starve to death. If any lay eggs first,
then any of their young that hatch in your home will starve to death while
they are still tiny.

- Don Klipstein )

Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 AM posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,sci.bio.entomology.misc,alt.home.repair,sci.agriculture,rec.gardens

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
In article , Tom The Great
wrote:
[...]

Some interesting replies. It is in the order Hemiptera. It's not a Reduviid,
or assasin bug. While may Coreids do give off odors when handled, there is a
completely different family of Henipterans called Pentatomidae, the stink
bugs. Anyway look at the hind legs. A typical trait of many in the family
Coreide the dilation of the hind tibia, hence the common name Leaf Footed
Bugs. I believe I see this trait in your photo. The light is not so great
but I believe I see the specimen well enough to call it Leptoglossus
occidentalis or Leptoglossus clypealis, probably occidentalis. My $0.02.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/2696
http://bugguide.net/node/view/43201/bgpage

[IMG] code is On

What Insect infestation do I have Hamish United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 01:32 PM
Hot Sauce Insect Repellent? [email protected] Edible Gardening 3 09-03-2003 10:08 AM
Small insect/Beetle D_Mozina Australia 0 06-02-2003 12:47 AM
[IBC] Insect populations 2002 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 31-01-2003 09:14 PM
Insect populations 2002 Alan Dunbrook Bonsai 0 31-01-2003 07:05 PM