GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Are there any other good garden news groups? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/150505-there-any-other-good-garden-news-groups.html)

[email protected] 22-10-2006 04:28 PM

Are there any other good garden news groups?

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

Bill[_5_] 22-10-2006 09:35 PM

Are there any other good garden news groups?

In article ,
says...
My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

Perhaps what you need is a different news service.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Travis M. 23-10-2006 04:21 PM

wrote in message

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens
so I am looking for another source of garden related info. Are
there any other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged
with span and morons?

-=beeky

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon they are
*not* filtering newsgroups.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

newsreader 23-10-2006 04:36 PM

wrote:
My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

Not too many choices of usenet groups to my knowledge. There are a bunch
of Web Forums. Gardenweb seems to be one of the most active, with very
many garden type specific categories. Pretty decent place to go, **IF**
you don't mind all the cookies that get set on your computer, and the
pop-ups that keep nagging at you for one thing or another. The list of
subject topics is he

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

[email protected] 23-10-2006 11:06 PM

Are there any other good garden news groups?

Travis, are you sure? What else could account for a dramatic decrease in
message volume?

--beeky

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 24-10-2006 12:19 AM

wrote:

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

You might check out
www.davesgarden.com . It's moderated with rules,etc.
and has some nice functions once you get around the 'old fashioned'
feeling of the site.

carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Travis M. 24-10-2006 04:56 AM

Travis M. wrote:

wrote in message

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to
rec.gardens so I am looking for another source of garden
related info. Are there any other garden discussion/news
groups that are not clogged with span and morons?

-=beeky

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon
they are *not* filtering newsgroups.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

This group is not all that active really and now that it is getting into
winter it will be even less active.

Have a look at Google groups and look at rec.gardens there and you will
see that Verizon is not filtering.

Unless one likes spam it is best to munge your real email address.
Something like this lid or "beeky at bellatlantic
dot net".

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

--