Old 22-10-2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Are there any other good garden news groups?

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

Old 23-10-2006, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens
so I am looking for another source of garden related info. Are
there any other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged
with span and morons?

-=beeky

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon they are
*not* filtering newsgroups.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 24-10-2006, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I
am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any
other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and
morons?

-=beeky

You might check out
www.davesgarden.com . It's moderated with rules,etc.
and has some nice functions once you get around the 'old fashioned'
feeling of the site.

carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 24-10-2006, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Travis M. wrote:

wrote in message

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to
rec.gardens so I am looking for another source of garden
related info. Are there any other garden discussion/news
groups that are not clogged with span and morons?

-=beeky

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon
they are *not* filtering newsgroups.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

This group is not all that active really and now that it is getting into
winter it will be even less active.

Have a look at Google groups and look at rec.gardens there and you will
see that Verizon is not filtering.

Unless one likes spam it is best to munge your real email address.
Something like this lid or "beeky at bellatlantic
dot net".

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

[IMG] code is On

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM