GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mother in Law Tongue Odor ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/151209-mother-law-tongue-odor.html)

Daisy 27-11-2006 04:00 PM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

I am truly sorry for barging in like this..so please forgive me. I have
googled this and have found no answer.. what causes a mother in law tongue
plant to put out an odor of cat pee or cat poo? My brother has posed this
question to me and I have no answer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup can
help me.. again I apologize for barging in but it has me stumped.. can
someone please help... Thanks in advance..
Lynn
--
Life is not measured by the number of
breaths we take, but by the moments

bigjon[_1_] 28-11-2006 12:06 AM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:00:52 GMT, Daisy wrote:

I am truly sorry for barging in like this..so please forgive me. I have
googled this and have found no answer.. what causes a mother in law tongue
plant to put out an odor of cat pee or cat poo? My brother has posed this
question to me and I have no answer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup can
help me.. again I apologize for barging in but it has me stumped.. can
someone please help... Thanks in advance..
Lynn

it does have an odd odour from the flower spike - look for one!

Phisherman[_1_] 28-11-2006 02:06 AM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:00:52 GMT, "Daisy" wrote:

I am truly sorry for barging in like this..so please forgive me. I have
googled this and have found no answer.. what causes a mother in law tongue
plant to put out an odor of cat pee or cat poo? My brother has posed this
question to me and I have no answer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup can
help me.. again I apologize for barging in but it has me stumped.. can
someone please help... Thanks in advance..
Lynn

Your plant may be rotting or perhaps a cat ****ed on it? The
flowering sanseveria cluster has a sweet odor.

TQ 28-11-2006 02:57 AM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

Pencil me in for root rot.

M-I-L Tonga do not like living in wet or damp soil.

Cheryl Isaak[_1_] 28-11-2006 11:26 AM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

On 11/27/06 9:06 PM, in article ,
"Phisherman" wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:00:52 GMT, "Daisy" wrote:

I am truly sorry for barging in like this..so please forgive me. I have
googled this and have found no answer.. what causes a mother in law tongue
plant to put out an odor of cat pee or cat poo? My brother has posed this
question to me and I have no answer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup can
help me.. again I apologize for barging in but it has me stumped.. can
someone please help... Thanks in advance..
Lynn

Your plant may be rotting or perhaps a cat ****ed on it? The
flowering sanseveria cluster has a sweet odor.

Funny thing - it smells both sweet and like pee to me - very separate
notes. Mostly sweet, but a hint of the other toward the end of the spike.

Cheryl

kenv 29-11-2006 07:46 PM

Mother in Law Tongue Odor ?

Maybe your cat is......