GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daphne - Propagation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/151318-daphne-propagation.html)

krONik 03-12-2006 12:00 AM

Daphne - Propagation

Hi GG's

We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora
Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of
leaves, but, it is now coming back.

Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very
slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt
to propagate it.

Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant
we have, just to have the cutting not take either.

I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?

--
Regards: *krONik*
"Somewhere ... *something incredible* is waiting to be known!"

kenv 03-12-2006 02:36 AM

Daphne - Propagation

Where do you live? They grow like weeds here. Seattle area, You can buy a
nice 1 gallon plant for less than $10 here. Not worth the effort to
porpogate them. I can steer you in the eright direction if you need contact
names

Jen 03-12-2006 08:23 AM

Daphne - Propagation

"krONik" wrote in message
Hi GG's

We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora
Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of
leaves, but, it is now coming back.

Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very
slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt to
propagate it.

Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant we
have, just to have the cutting not take either.

I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?

I just pop a few pieces into some moist potting mix. At least one should
grow, if you keep it moist but not wet. And you've still got your original
plant as well.

Jen