GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone else love morning glories as much as I do?! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/153962-anyone-else-love-morning-glories-much-i-do.html)

Cathy Glockler 08-02-2007 02:48 PM

Anyone else love morning glories as much as I do?!

My obsession started 3 years ago when my mom planted a few morning glory seeds. That summer Heavenly Blue morning glories covered her front porch. I became hooked!

Last year I planted some morning glory seeds. I grew Blue Star, Flying Saucer, Scarlet O Hara, Crimson Rambler, Star of Yelta and Milky Way. I also grew some purple and pink ones that my mom called the old fashioned ones. I loved them all, but my favorite had to be Blue Star.

Then, last winter I found out about Japanese morning glories! I bought some online.

This year I grew most of what I mentioned above and some Japanese morning glories. I cant remember the names of them all, but I do know one is the "chocolate" variety and I also had the dark pink Mt. Fuji. Absolutely beautiful!