Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rob Rob is offline

Default Pruning prunus

I have two Prunus Lusitanica (Portuguese Cherry Laurel) growing way too
happily. After six years they are too tall for their location. Since
these big bushes branch off a central trunk, I'm reluctant to top them,
lest it distort the plant in some unattractive way.

How are these bushes properly pruned?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sorry for the bother.

I have put together a website on pruning. before I link it to the
dictionary I was hoping someone could review this for me. I am still
working on the section on branches and cracks. I will be getting some
pictures of cracks to add. I would really appreciate this. Any feed back
is welcome.

the web can be found at:
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ing/index.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

. 11...

Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Prunus is a sensitive tree as far as internal response to pruning. It is
what we call a C tree.
See a C tree here
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...one/index.html
. 11...

Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 8, 11:48 pm, "symplastless" wrote:
Sorry for the bother.

I have put together a website on pruning. before I link it to the
dictionary I was hoping someone could review this for me. I am still
working on the section on branches and cracks. I will be getting some
pictures of cracks to add. I would really appreciate this. Any feed back
is welcome.

the web can be found at:http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ing/index.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Rob" wrote in message

. 11...

I have two Prunus Lusitanica (Portuguese Cherry Laurel) growing way too
happily. After six years they are too tall for their location. Since
these big bushes branch off a central trunk, I'm reluctant to top them,
lest it distort the plant in some unattractive way.

How are these bushes properly pruned?- Hide quoted text -

I have only quickly perused your site, Mr. Keslick, but it looks good,
reads well, and rock on to you for caring enough to make the effort.
Hurrah for a tree man who thinks, and has consideration for trees.
Carry on!