Old 18-03-2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plastic greenhouse

I'm not a plant person. Instead I want build a boat building shed out
of PVC pipe and poly film.
My question is---- How do I attach the film to the PVC pipe?
Thanks
Gordon
Old 18-03-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 18, 1:31 pm, Gordon wrote:
I'm not a plant person. Instead I want build a boat building shed out
of PVC pipe and poly film.
My question is---- How do I attach the film to the PVC pipe?
Thanks
Gordon

By buying poly clamps from Territorial Seeds for example. They are
cylindrical pieces of plastic that will clamp the film to the pipe.
They are very snug and will not move even in strong winds.

Old 19-03-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 18 Mar 2007 12:14:30 -0700, "simy1" wrote:

On Mar 18, 1:31 pm, Gordon wrote:
I'm not a plant person. Instead I want build a boat building shed out
of PVC pipe and poly film.
My question is---- How do I attach the film to the PVC pipe?
Thanks
Gordon

By buying poly clamps from Territorial Seeds for example. They are
cylindrical pieces of plastic that will clamp the film to the pipe.
They are very snug and will not move even in strong winds.

....and this plastic film needs to be replaced about every year from
being in the weather. You're better off going to Pep Boys store in
your area, buy a 10x20 foot pavilion and enclose the sides with the
sides they sell as accessories. Let me go see if I can find a link:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/292415272.html

http://www.carbox4u.com/catalog.php/...steal4u/dt3634

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-10-x-20-carp...cmdZ ViewItem

These are just to give you ideas. If you were to buy good UVB and UVA
resistant poly plastic, it would cost almost as much and you will have
to change it out quite a bit.