GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tobacco and coffee (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/156077-tobacco-coffee.html)

BearDrummer 31-03-2007 02:00 AM

tobacco and coffee

being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

I would love come fertile coffee beans for the same basic idea... we
both like coffee, though...

George.com 01-04-2007 09:42 AM

tobacco and coffee

"BearDrummer" wrote in message
oups.com...
being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

growing tobacco is one thing, drying it and processing it quite another.
Google a search on growing your own. I looked in to it but decided it was a
major effort.

rob

Charles[_1_] 01-04-2007 10:00 AM

tobacco and coffee

On 30 Mar 2007 18:00:34 -0700, "BearDrummer"
wrote:

being married to a smoker has certain disadvantages when one is
sensitive to pesticides... Is there a way to get tobacco seeds and
grow her some so we can control the pesticide content?

I would love come fertile coffee beans for the same basic idea... we
both like coffee, though...

since an extract from tobacco was used as a pesticide, but was too
dangerous for popular use, that doesn't make much sense.

Mark Anderson 01-04-2007 05:10 PM

tobacco and coffee

In article says...
growing tobacco is one thing, drying it and processing it quite another.
Google a search on growing your own. I looked in to it but decided it was a
major effort.

I've looked into growing tobacco because it looks like a beautiful plant
and an interesting conversation piece for the garden. Getting the seeds
is rather expensive however and not having grown it I don't know what
I'd be up against.

I really wish nurseries around me would carry exotic seedlings like this
so I wouldn't have to start them from seeds. Instead they usually carry
the same old crap, lots of petunias, marigolds, pansies, etc. that look
interesting to the casual gardener but do not inspire me.

[email protected] 05-04-2007 08:31 PM

tobacco and coffee

since an extract from tobacco was used as a pesticide, but was too
dangerous for popular use, that doesn't make much sense.

you'd better cite this somewhere, because I'm not finding anything on
google.
I call BS.

Charles[_1_] 05-04-2007 08:50 PM

tobacco and coffee