Old 19-04-2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Travel Tips Everyday!! You Should Read.

Travel Tips Everyday!! You Should Read.

Travel Tips For European Vacations For Senior Citizens

Wherever you might be going, there are some constant features you
should think about because they would help you to have a good time and
solve unwanted burdens. These features concern your luggage,
accommodation, electronic devices, season, and seniors' discounts.

http://tinyurl.com/3639s7

Old 19-04-2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
man with honour wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3639s7

If you travel to Europe, and I strongly recommend it, the cheapest and
most informative way to do it is to go for as long as possible and rent
a vacation home. The flight costs the same if you go for a weekend or a
month or more. Uh, try to go before the first of April, when fares go
up. Write to the Office of Tourism in or near where you want to stay and
ask for a list of rental homes. In 1999, we got a 2 bedroom apartment
with TV and a phone for $40/day in Sarlat, in the Perigord (Dordogne),
France and about the same in Bad Ems, near Koblenz, Germany. We could
walk into town easily from both sites. The deal is that you must rent
from Sat. to Sat. This gives you time to get to know a place, attend
it's local markets, archeological sites, take a couple of picnics,
change traveler's checks and, not feel rushed.

Sarlat, known for its' good food and inexpensive wine, isn't far from
Cave Lascaux and it's 15,000 year old painting, the Gouffre de Paderac
and its' under ground boat ride or, the Roc Christoph, a cliff dwelling
inhabited for over 55,000 years! Bad Ems, site of Kaiser Bill's annual
cure, has Roman wall (the Limes) and isn't far from the Rhine or Mosel
wine regions. Near Koblenz we ate at a 1000 year old restaurant that was
carved out of rock. These are just to examples.

We have always found it more convenient to rent a car but we are
considering an Eu-rail Pass in the future(They are usually more cost
effective, if you keep moving.).

Europeans seem to be better at self entertainment than Americans but
they have different social pressures. Traffic jams on narrow streets
turn into community problem solving sessions. No country has a monopoly
on saints or sinners, so keep your eyes open.

We once tried to avoid the plastic chair, formica tables of a cheap
hotel restaurant but not finding any other place to eat resigned
ourselves to our fate and had one of the best meals of our trip.

Anyway, I have no connection to the above web site which seems to me to
just be another bland travel site.

I don't know if this helps anybody but I just love prattling on about it.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum
Old 19-04-2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 20, 12:42 am, William Rose wrote:
In article . com,
man with honour wrote:

[...]

thanks for your comment