Old 22-05-2007, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default anybody dealing with PlantSafari this season?

Earlier this year I was looking for a few unusual plants and I found
them at www.plantsafari.com. I checked the rating at Dave's Garden
Watchdog and it was good, so I went ahead and ordered. After a couple
of weeks with no plants received and no notice that they had shipped,
I emailed them and I got a reply from the owner saying that shipping
was going slow because his business partner had left, and also that
two of the four plants in my order weren't ready to go yet. Normally
I despise retailers that don't note out-of-stock items on their
website, but since he was trying I told him that if one of the items
is ready to go before the other, drop the last one and ship everything
else. I got no reply. After another week, I found one of the items
that was delayed in stock locally, so I bought it. I emailed Plant
Safari again asking that both of the delayed items be deleted from my
order and the other two items shipped ASAP. I still haven't received
an answer. I looked at the Garden Watchdog ratings again and I
noticed that there have been no ratings, good or bad, for Plant Safari
since last summer. So, has anyone ordered from them this season and
received their order?