Old 24-05-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Filipendula ulmaria 'Variegata'

Any one else growing this? I've got one, but it loses it's variegation
quickly when it has any at all.

Should I move it from it's mostly sunny spot to a less sunny spot or even
more sun? Or just enjoy it as it is. Love the leaves and the flowers, just
really loved the big splats of yellow on the leaves when I bought it.

Cheryl

Old 24-05-2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 24 May 2007 08:06:31 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Any one else growing this? I've got one, but it loses it's variegation
quickly when it has any at all.

Should I move it from it's mostly sunny spot to a less sunny spot or even
more sun? Or just enjoy it as it is. Love the leaves and the flowers, just
really loved the big splats of yellow on the leaves when I bought it.

Cheryl

This plant usually reseeds readily and those plants from seed lose the
variegation. To prefent this, immediately deadhead it so no seeds
form.

I have a variegated artemesia...to trade for those 'Strawberry Soda'
daylillies?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/38242/#108638

Down here in Texas, this A.vulgaris 'Oriental Limelight' is a bit of a
runner, but easy to manage by pulling out what you don't want. It's
really pretty when planted next to dark foliage plants, like any dark
phormium. Oh, I happen to have one of those to send with the
artemesia to trade for the 'Strawberry Soda.' Pretty please with
sugar on top!

Victoria
Old 24-05-2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Any one else growing this? I've got one, but it loses it's variegation
quickly when it has any at all.

Should I move it from it's mostly sunny spot to a less sunny spot or even
more sun? Or just enjoy it as it is. Love the leaves and the flowers, just
really loved the big splats of yellow on the leaves when I bought it.

Cheryl

This plant usually reseeds readily and those plants from seed lose the
variegation. To prefent this, immediately deadhead it so no seeds
form.

It has never flowered.

I have a variegated artemesia...to trade for those 'Strawberry Soda'
daylillies?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/38242/#108638

Down here in Texas, this A.vulgaris 'Oriental Limelight' is a bit of a
runner, but easy to manage by pulling out what you don't want. It's
really pretty when planted next to dark foliage plants, like any dark
phormium. Oh, I happen to have one of those to send with the
artemesia to trade for the 'Strawberry Soda.' Pretty please with
sugar on top!

Oh goodness no! I have plenty thank you! Strawberry Candy is on the dig list
for Monday after the parade. I've been waiting for it to perk up after the
cold spring. Some of my daylilies have been sulking like a moody teen.