GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159574-turkeys-turkeys-turkeys.html)

Ron H 05-06-2007 01:58 AM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition

-----------------
-----------------

Lilah Morgan 05-06-2007 02:06 AM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

"Ron H" wrote in message
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of

my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!

I do, send them my way :-)

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 05-06-2007 04:27 AM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

Ron H wrote:

Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

Motion activated sprinkler.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Ron H. 05-06-2007 11:16 AM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

Hey! Great Idea!!! I even have a motion sensor triggered valve that I used a
few years ago for deer ( before I discovered Liquid FenceŽ ). Thanks Carl!

Ron H.

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
et...

z 05-06-2007 08:46 PM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

On Jun 4, 8:58 pm, "Ron H" wrote:
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

Post Thanksgiving artwork with Pilgrims, etc.

William Wagner 05-06-2007 09:35 PM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

In article . com,
z wrote:

On Jun 4, 8:58 pm, "Ron H" wrote:
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of my
newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

Post Thanksgiving artwork with Pilgrims, etc.

When the wild turkeys stroll down my garden paths everything in our
house comes to a stop. There is a scramble for cameras and someone
counts as they walk by. I consider it a sign of a healthy environment.
I still long for the Bob-white quail to move in coveys thru our wood
piles. But the absence of the Bob-white calls has be thinking about
importing some. Such a pleasant thing.

Bill who also thinks of a Turkey Head shot about Nov. 20.
I also think lawns are not desirable being real nice.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Aluckyguess 06-06-2007 06:22 AM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

Man I would love to fill the freezer. Nothin like turkey that have ****ed
you off. Somehow they taste better.

Billy Rose 06-06-2007 04:21 PM

Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!! Turkeys!!!

"Ron H" wrote in message
Yes turkeys, over a dozen real wild turkeys!! How can I keep them off of
my newly seeded lawn area? They love to roll in the loose dirt!!!

No, a fence is not an option!
No, I don't want to fill my freezer with wild turkey meat!
No, I can't let the dog run free, it will do just as much damage!

Any ideas???

Ron H. West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by
Norton Antivirus Corp. Edition
and found to be virus free!

This sounds like a job for the motion-detector-sprinkler.

- Billy