GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New yard, over run- (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/160133-new-yard-over-run.html)

[email protected] 15-06-2007 02:38 AM

New yard, over run-

Hello-

I'm hoping someone might point me in the right direction- so far I
have:
ascending, tap root, continuous pith, opposite leafe arrangement,
lobed leaf margin, pinnately veined weed decided to sprout after I
planted my 'premium blend' seed. The grass has been alive and growing
for about a month now. A photo is at:
http://www.gotSheep.com/pics/weed.jpg

The stems grow progressively hairier, and the continues to open 2
opposite, then 4 opposite in an ascending manner. They pull out quite
nicely, but I've already gotten a 5 gallon bucketfull and know I won't
win the battle of killing them by hand.

Suggestions very much welcome- one can only sit on their bottom
yanking weeds for so long.

Jason

Kay Lancaster 16-06-2007 03:42 AM

New yard, over run-

answered privately. Common ragweed, Ambrosia artemisiifolia.