Old 15-06-2007, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default New yard, over run-

Hello-

I'm hoping someone might point me in the right direction- so far I
have:
ascending, tap root, continuous pith, opposite leafe arrangement,
lobed leaf margin, pinnately veined weed decided to sprout after I
planted my 'premium blend' seed. The grass has been alive and growing
for about a month now. A photo is at:
http://www.gotSheep.com/pics/weed.jpg

The stems grow progressively hairier, and the continues to open 2
opposite, then 4 opposite in an ascending manner. They pull out quite
nicely, but I've already gotten a 5 gallon bucketfull and know I won't
win the battle of killing them by hand.

Suggestions very much welcome- one can only sit on their bottom
yanking weeds for so long.

Jason

Old 16-06-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

answered privately. Common ragweed, Ambrosia artemisiifolia.