Old 27-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered User

Default Garden revival - Minimising effects on wildlife

My parents have recently retired and moved away leaving behind the home I grew up in and now plan to move back to. The garden is quite large and has been left to it's own devices for more than two years now so is very overgrown.

I have been using the scythe to clear away large areas over the last few days and I am progressing nicely but today I noticed a family of foxes. I am concerned that if I continue with my destruction of the overgrowth I will destroy their habitat and scare them away.

I have read that foxes are quite good at adapting to changing circumstances but would be grateful if anybody could offer advice on how to minimise the chances of upsetting them.

Thanks in advance

- Andy