Old 02-07-2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tarp on ground next to tree?

I've got an area around a tree that has refused to allow the grass to
grow. Today I noticed the area was very moist so I decided to take a
rake and turn the soil so I could try again with some seeding.

I found a tarp on the area underneath the dead sod. The guy that
installed the sod a year and a half ago told me he found a tarp and
had given me the impression he would remove it prior to putting the
sod on top of it. Obviously he has misled me.

Any ideas on why the former homeowner would put a tarp down over the
tree roots and stuff? Makes no sense to me. The tarp covers about 25
square yards.

Thanks for any ideas you might help with.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Might have been moldy and stretched out in the sun to bleach it out?

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive

BetsyB

oups.com...

Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"betsyb" wrote:

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got an area around a tree that has refused to allow the grass to
grow. Today I noticed the area was very moist so I decided to take a
rake and turn the soil so I could try again with some seeding.

I found a tarp on the area underneath the dead sod. The guy that
installed the sod a year and a half ago told me he found a tarp and
had given me the impression he would remove it prior to putting the
sod on top of it. Obviously he has misled me.

Any ideas on why the former homeowner would put a tarp down over the
tree roots and stuff? Makes no sense to me. The tarp covers about 25
square yards.

Thanks for any ideas you might help with.

What kind of tree is it? Maybe to catch nuts. Maybe quick clean up after
the leaves fall.
--
Billy
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

John wrote:
I've got an area around a tree that has refused to allow the grass to
grow. Today I noticed the area was very moist so I decided to take a
rake and turn the soil so I could try again with some seeding.

I found a tarp on the area underneath the dead sod. The guy that
installed the sod a year and a half ago told me he found a tarp and
had given me the impression he would remove it prior to putting the
sod on top of it. Obviously he has misled me.

Any ideas on why the former homeowner would put a tarp down over the
tree roots and stuff? Makes no sense to me. The tarp covers about 25
square yards.

Thanks for any ideas you might help with.

To kill grass and weeds unwanted there.

--
john mcwilliams
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

To kill grass and weeds unwanted there.

We recomend just placing the mulch on top of the turf.

Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

[IMG] code is On

Water from the top of my pool Tarp. Good for anything?? The Henchman Gardening 13 05-04-2011 03:55 AM
Canadian tarp/liner company Bev Ponds (alternative) 0 02-06-2005 01:10 PM
Canadian Liner/tarp company Bev Ponds 0 02-06-2005 01:08 PM
which tarp to use? rb Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
which tarp to use? David Modine Lawns 0 30-03-2003 01:56 PM