Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cooling effect of trees

I am not sure this is the best place to ask this question. There were
two large trees in my backyard which provided a lot of shade. I had to
have them removed, and I thought that my house would be much hotter at
night. I do not use AC. With the trees removed it seems as if the
house is cooler. The only two reasons I can come up with is that the
trees blocked evening breezes, or that the trees absorbed heat during
the day, and gave it off at night which made my house hotter at night.
Would this make sense?

Thanks

Tom