GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   idea for madgardener (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/161736-idea-madgardener.html)

thistletoes 15-07-2007 06:00 PM

idea for madgardener

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

Ann 16-07-2007 02:43 AM

idea for madgardener

thistletoes expounded:

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

She is already working on using the library computer. Since her posts
have stopped I'm assuming she's been cut off - I'm going to call her
in the morning to check on her.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

gldancer 16-07-2007 03:39 AM

idea for madgardener

On Jul 15, 9:43 pm, Ann wrote:
thistletoes expounded:

[...]

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She
will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained
access somewhere. I hope.

gloria in hemlock hollow

Ann 16-07-2007 11:11 AM

idea for madgardener

gldancer expounded:

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She
will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained
access somewhere. I hope.

Hmmm, no phone? I thought it was just the internet part. I'll let
you know if I get through.

Travis 21-07-2007 09:33 AM

idea for madgardener

thistletoes wrote:
I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

Maddie is using the library computer but has no USENET access.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

[email protected] 21-07-2007 08:29 PM

idea for madgardener

she can get to usenet thru google.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...topics?lnk=rgh
or just type in google "rec.gardens google groups"

she has to sign in is all... Ingrid